Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Random Dating Agency



So there I am, freshly logged in to messenger, and then I'm assaulted with stupidity in the form of the 'person message' from one of my high school class mates.

Someone's been reading too much Anthony Robbins, or whoever the latest motivation moron is, by the sounds of things:

"Luck is when a good random event and you meet. It is up to you to organise that meeting!"

These sort of comments really get under my skin.

How do you organise random? I mean, really.

Perhaps you call up a dating agency, and announce:

"Hello, I'd like my perfect match to meet me at a time and place entirely non-Laplacian deterministic in nature, please? Naturally, her appearance should be the good result of one in 70,000 billion variations of associations between the genetic endowments of spermatozoa and egg acting in entirely chaotic fashion. Oh, and I like long walks on the beach."

Maybe I'm on to something.

I'll start up the worlds first 'random dating agency', with the qualifaction that it is
'at very least a chaotic deterministic system'. I'm sure it'll make a mint.


Now, the usage of the word 'random' in popular culture, and how much that infuriates me, shall have to be left for another time.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Would you mind if I share your blog with my facebook group?
There's a lot of people that I think would really enjoy your content. Please let me know. Cheers

Also visit my web-site; acne product reviews

Anonymous said...

At this time I am ready to do my breakfast, afterward having my breakfast
coming over again to read further news.

My page vegetable juicing