Thursday, March 01, 2007

Navigating Ones Political Standings

I was recently introduced to the Political Compass. It's fairly unbiased (from what I've seen so far at least) website, which contains a test which is designed to map your beliefs on the political compass. It states a point which I think is lost on a lot of people these days: it's not as simple as left and right. The test will map political-standing to an X and Y axis, based on economic and social issues. Apparently I'm an ever-so-slightly-Left-of-Center Libertarian. Which is not surprising to me, given that my usual position on an issue is: "Both sides have a point and are considerably flawed in different ways".



So, why not take the test and post your result in the comments here?
You can compare yourself with famous world leaders. If I ever become a politician, or even better, prominent philosopher, they shall know me as being "In the middle-ground between Angela Merkel and the Dalai Lama".

1 comment:

XY said...

Mild left wingers UNITE! The Revolution has begun!