Saturday, December 27, 2008

Awesome

I went to use Adsotrans recently and was surprised to find something entirely new, something entirely awesome.

Popup Chinese.

That post I wrote about Adsotrans is still valid- the website has that sweet web 2.0 dictionary. But they're also now producing podcasts. These podcasts have a real personality to them and they're totally Beijing-centric. They have a brilliant, eclectic range of content up so far, ranging from KTV to literature. I don't really listen to language-podcasts for Chinese much anymore, I've been sticking to the Chinese news podcasts from the ABC and BBC recently. But this is definitely the most impressive podcast I've ever heard. It's often really hard to strike a balance between practical and fun. These guys have found it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cooper!

Feedback and suggestions (and criticism -- there's certainly plenty to be given) are very welcome. David's in charge and I'm mainly just being a talking head, but it would be great to produce the kind of podcasts that we always wanted. Glad you're liking them so far.