Monday, July 30, 2007

Endless Noodles

Went to Endless Noodles in Sunnybank last night for dinner with some friends. As far as eating Chinese in Brisbane goes, Sunnybank is certainly the best suburb. It's really the true Chinatown of Brisbane- forget Fortitude Valley, as it's mainly Canton food made to a Western taste (i.e bland).

Endless Noodles, however, (西域拉面,I think, "Western Chinese Handmade Noodles") is genuine, authentic, the good stuff. My favourites are the delicious Xinjiang lamb sticks and the scalding hot pot. Seriously, the hot pot there is hot. I haven't been to Sichuan, but the hot pot of last night was apparently as hot as anything in Sichuan. My lips are still red and raw, and I think I've lost my ability to taste for a month- a good sign.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

*crawls in, overcome by the pangs of starvation* Endless Noodles is perhaps one of my favorite restaurants, but due to my lack of culinary knowledge I am hopeful that someone *somewhere* will be of assistance.

My favorite dish "Homestyle Beef Noodle" is thus far proving difficult for me to replicate. Does anyone know of which part of China it is from? Does anyone know what the "secret" ingredient is? Obviously garlic and tomato is involved... possibly sesame oil. Soy and honey are also possible. A specific cut of meat too? And the noodles... Oh gods... I would love to make them myself. *begs for help from anyone so she does not have to starve for eternity* I live so far away from there, and it honestly is not practical to drag my aching belly to the restaurant every morning from where I now live...