Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Just because you're paranoid....

My favourite book is Gravity's Rainbow, by Thomas Pynchon. A true mindblower, epic in every sense of the word and an intellectual titan. Yet I come across remarkably few people in real life who have actually read it. None, in fact.

By coincidence (assuming you acknowledge such a thing exists, heh heh heh), through the internet photo site FaceBook, my old primary school mate Will found me- purely through the fact that I was the only other person on University of Queensland '07 network who listed it in their favourite books.

Just because you're paranoid....

Well, has anyone, stranger or regular here, read it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find a copy for over a year now, to no avail (though, I have to admit, I haven't been searching all that strenuously).

Someone online told me how good it was and how much I'd like it, but, teasingly, it doesn't seem to be anywhere on my regular route of secondhand bookshops or the occasional new bookshop. I might have to rely on the dreaded Amazon!

Cooper said...

Yeah, I bought my copy through Amazon, it was fairly painless actually.