Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Welcome

I've always enjoyed reading blogs. Even if I've never met the person, sometimes there's some very interesting reading to be had.

After months of deliberating, I decided to make the decision ("in the same terminal class as reaching for a gun"- Thomas Pynchon) to start my own. This is to serve two purposes.

1. To keep my family and friends updated.

2. To give me a chance to be read (perhaps by those other than my family and friends). This is, I feel, an often overlooked component of writing, just as important as having an audience to listen to music.

I don't wish to have an inward leaning blog; I'd rather keep it to those things that I'd bring up in a conversation; films, books, world events, things of this nature. So, if I can maintain these original intentions, the blog will be about things that happen to me, and what I have to say about some events.

I'll try to do at least one post a week.

No comments: